Wednesday 20 April 2011

The end is in sight

It’s almost Easter and the brewery isn’t quite ready yet, but another few days work and we’ll be there.

Whilst the builders and engineers are getting the brewery ready, I’m busy ringing pubs and getting customers on board. The area I’m covering is from Sheffield to Nottingham, and across to Lincoln, although Kelham Island Brewery will be able to sell a bit further afield to many of their long established customers. If you live in this area, just mention it to your local’s landlord and tell them they can ring me any time to talk about ordering.

We’ve decided what the first recipes going to be - we will call it ‘First Brew’, it’s a traditional thing. It’ll be a gorgeously quaffable summer pale ale, at 4.3% and totally crammed full of zesty zingy Cascade and Willamette hops. Yum yum.

After that one, what do you fancy next? Another summery pale ale? Or a good session bitter to quench your thirst on a cool spring night? I want to make a British Bitter soon, with English malted barley and whole flower Fuggles and Goldings hops from Kent and Herefordshire. What do you think?

Anyway, more grist to the mill….or soon there will be I hope!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you can't wait to get cracking on the new gear. Best of luck to you, the combination of Cascade and Willamete sounds great. Shame I'm not local.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to get one to my place, the harlequin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very exciting, just itching to get cracking. Hopefully it'll be all over Sheffield including the Harlequin :0)

    ReplyDelete